The Civil engennering department is charged with the responsibility of planning, designing, construction, reconstruction rehabilitation and maintanance of all roads, bridges, draininages, and other civil engennering infrastructures accross the state.
The Department has been basically structured as follows;
B. Areas Officeds
C. Project Supervision
the following units exist at the headquaters;
iv. Planning, survey, and Design
vi. Personnel and Secretarial
vii. Drawing office
Hitherto, there were four Area offices of the ministry in the state. Presently, because of the emergence of of the state road maintanace agency, it is only the Afikpo area office that still has personnel attached to it.
The Headquarters coordinates the supervision of all road construction contracts. Most of our projects are supervised from headquarters by resident engineers.
For full details, click here
In addition to the supervision of the road projects awarded on contracts, the civil engineering department also executes some road projects by direct labour using the staff and equipment. Some of these direct labour projects have been completed while some are still in progress.
A summary of the outfit of the civil engineering department is as follows;
a. Civil Engineers – 12
b. Chief Technical offices – 2
c. Technical Officers – 8
d. Works supritendent, works asstant, technical assistant and foreman – NIL
e. Road overseers/Road men – 4
f. Craftsmen – NIL
g. Project staff = 21
ENGR. IGWE SITEPHEN JOHNBULL
ADDRESS: MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT
ABAKALIKI EBONYI STATE
TELEPHONE NUMBER: 08037754732
DATE OF BIRTH: 15TH/DECEMBER 1959
MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED
1. MASTER OF SCIENCE (STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING)
UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, UNITED
2. BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING UNIVERSITY OF JOS,1988
3. WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATION COUNCIL,
IZZI HIGH SCHOOL, ABAKALIKI 1978 GRADUATE.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
1. SUMMER HOLIDAY;(2002) WORKED AS PART OFA TEAM
IN RECONSTRUCTION OF TESCO SUPER- MARKET AT
NEWCASTLE CITY CENTRE, UNITED KINGDOM.
2. COURSE WORK:WAS PART OF STRUCTURAL TEAM
FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING THAT
STUDIED THE COVER STAND OF NEWCASTLE CITY
STADIUM, WHICH HAS A CAPACITY OF FIFTY-SIXK
THOUSAND SPECTATORS INCLUDING THE VIP STAND.
3. WORKED AS ENGR.II IN ANAMBRA LOCAL GOVERNMENT
SERVICE COMMISSION UNDER ABAKALIKI LOCAL
GOVERMENT AREA. 1990-1991.
4. WORKED AS ENGR. 1, wITH ENuGU STATE LG SERYICK
5. A. ISHIELU L.G.A 1991-1992
6. B.OHAOZARA L.G.A 1992-1993
7. C.OJI RIVER L.G.A 1993-1994
8. D.ISI-UZO L.G.A 1994-1996
5. EBONYI STATE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COMMISSON,
EBONYI LOCAL GORVERMENT 1996 2003. AS ASISTANT
6. PRESENTLY IN THE MINISTRY OF WORKS AND
TRANSPORT ASEHIEF RESIDENT ENGINEER iC
PRESENDTLY THE TECHNICAL ADVISER/ COACH OOF
UMUOGHARA UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB, EZZA NORTH LGA
RELEVANT ASPECTS OF THE EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS ACQUIRED.
1.TAKING BRIEFS ON PROJECTS
2.CARRING OUT PRELIMINARY STHIED AND
INVESTIGATION$ON VARIROUS FORMS OF ENGINEERING
3. PREPARING ENGINEERING DESIGNS/COST ESTIMATEBILI,
OF ENGINEERING MESUREMENT AND EVALUATION), BEME)
4. PREPERATION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
SUPERVISION OF PROJECTS AND ASISTING IN STAFF
TRAINING ON THE JOB,MATERIAL TESTING AND OTHER
RELATED DUTIES IN REGARD TO THE PROJECT CONCERNED
1. GAMES -FOOTBALL, LAWN TENNIS, CHESS.
2. ATTENDING WORKSHOPS AND SEMENARS, ESPECIALLY
ON ENGINEERING TECHNICES AND MANAGEMENT
PROF HILARY EZE
DEAN OF STUDENTS AFAIRS
EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY.
MR E.C. ANOZIE
NO 1 NSUGBE STREET ABAKAIKI.
1. A COPORATE MEMBER OF NIGERIA SOCIETY OF
2. MEMBER COUNCIL FOR REGULATION OF
ENGINEERING IN NIGERIA(COREN)
3. MEMBER NIGERIA INSITUTION OF CIVIL ENGINEERS
4. PIONEER HI- PACT SCHOLAR (BENEFACTOR OF
EBONYI STATE OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP
PROGRAMME UNITED KINGDOM.
5. SPEAK ENGLISH FLUENTLY, IGBO, HAUSA.